Tuesday 2 September 2008

This side of interesting

Are we feeling September-y? Sept of course from the Latin septem meaning seventh. How are enjoying the 7th month of the Roman year? Gregorian?? Nonsense. In fact on the 2nd September in 1752, Britain adopted the Gregorian calendar for the first time, declaring the next day September 14th. People protested on the streets, demanding their 11 days back.

September's flower is morning glory *insert innuendo here*.

September's vegetable, this year, is of course the carrot, and did you know that September and December always start on the same day? So Dec 1st will be a Monday too... Check your Sasco Academic Year Planner if you don't believe me (Other brands of wall planner, diary, calendar, sundial will do).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have recently become an avid fan of this wonderfully pointless and uninteresting blog.

Of course I had to cross reference this claim (especially as I do not own an academic calendar/wallchart or diary). After consulting my office diary, I found that the 1st of December is going to be a Monday. (unless it changes its mind)
This is highly surprising and I shall now spend some time thinking about this.

Avid fan